Department of Economics, Priory Road Complex, Bristol BS8 1TU, United Kingdom
3C5 in the Priory Road Complex
Email me for an appointment.
After obtaining my PhD from the London School of Economics
, I was the Acting Research Network Director of the International Growth Centre
and subsequently a British Academy
Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Oxford
. I am affiliated with the Centre for Market and Public Organisation
and the Centre for the Study of African Economies
I currently teach microeconomics for second-year undergraduates and development economics for master's students.
Motivating knowledge agents: Can incentive pay overcome social distance? with Maitreesh Ghatak, R Manjula, D Rajasekhar and Sanchari Roy.
Forthcoming, Economic Journal.
- Can public works increase equilibrium wages? Evidence from India’s National Rural Employment Guarantee, with Sambit Bhattacharyya, Rajasekhar Durgam and Manjula Ramachandra. Forthcoming, World Development.
- Does participation lead to on-going infrastructure maintenance? Evidence from Caribbean landslide mitigation projects,
with Liz Holcombe, Sarah Smith, Malcolm Anderson and Niels Holm-Nielsen.
Forthcoming, Journal of Development Studies.
- Funeral Insurance: An Inter-Generational Commitment Device? Forthcoming, Journal of African Economies.
- Are poor households credit-constrained or myopic? Evidence from a South African panel. 2013. Journal of Development Economics, 101:195–205.
- Implementing health insurance: The rollout of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana in Karnataka. 2011. With Maitreesh Ghatak, R Manjula, D Rajasekhar and Sanchari Roy. Economic and Political Weekly, 46(20):56–63.
- The youngest children in each school cohort are over-represented in referrals to mental health services. 2014. With S Berg. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 75(5):530–534.